What Are the Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures?
The choice to wear dentures is a big decision in a person’s life. The loss of some or all of your own teeth is an emotional experience that can cause embarrassment or shame. Luckily, there are many restorative options to restore the appearance and functionality of your smile.
The restorative dentists at our Ridgewood office are happy to customize dentures and other prosthodontic (tooth-replacement) options to meet your special needs.
Dentures: Your Smile, Rejuvenated
Today, you and your prosthodontist have several options for the material that comprises your dentures, as well as the way you wear and secure them in your mouth. Dentures are an excellent choice for people who are missing most or all of their natural teeth.
At our Ridgewood restorative dentists’ office, Drs. Jin Ha Joung, Mark Samani, Min-Hee Cho, and Miles Lazerwitz and our practiced employees listen to your specific needs and analyze your smile’s unique qualities to help you choose the perfect dentures for you. It is important to evaluate the benefits of implant-supported dentures versus traditional dentures.
What’s Unique about Implant-Supported Dentures?
Dental implants are small, titanium screws that mimic your teeth’s natural roots and are screwed into your jawbone. They support single teeth, bridges, and dentures.
Our Ridgewood restorative dentists will examine the condition of your existing teeth or gums and help create a denture set that will work in conjunction with your new dental implants. At our state-of-the-art office in Ridgewood, dental implants can be placed in to your upper and lower jaws by our experienced prosthodontists, who consider your safety, comfort, and satisfaction at every juncture.
Implant-supported dentures are secured in place by ball, clip, or bar attachments on the ends of your dental implant screws. The type of dental implant and overdentures you require is dependent upon a variety of factors, including the strength and density of your jaw bone.
Why They May be the Best Choice for You
Dental implants offer a number of advantages, including:
- Because dental implants are placed in your jaw, they are steadfast and unmoving within your mouth. For you, this means no more worry about your dentures moving or becoming detached while you’re eating, drinking, talking, and laughing. You’ll feel more secure and confident.
- Implant-supported dentures do not require messy adhesives or pastes to keep your dentures in place.
- They do, however, clean as easily and as quickly as traditional dentures. They snap in and out of place for easy cleaning and removal while you sleep. Permanent teeth options do not offer this luxury and may be more susceptible to bacterial buildup.
- They are molded to fit your gums, restoring the look of your natural, beautiful smile.
- Implant-supported dentures add structure within your jaw and can thus stop bone loss and jaw shrinkage, which can lead to a change or collapse in your facial structure. They can even help in reducing wrinkles by supporting the skin around your jaws.
- As with all types of dentures, implant-supported dentures stay white and perfectly shaped as you complete your daily activities and live your life, assuring you a beautiful smile each and every day.
As with any restorative dental procedure, it is important to consult a certified prosthodontist to review your options and unique needs. Ridgewood Dental Associates has been in practice more than 40 years and has the expertise to service all of your restorative dentistry needs. For more information and to schedule a free consultation, contact us today.