A dental crown restores the form and function of a tooth that has been damaged due to trauma or decay. This restoration fits over a tooth to provide it with protection, strength, and restored aesthetics. Ridgewood Dental Associates in Ridgewood, NJ, provides traditional crowns and implant-supported crowns, which can completely replace a lost tooth from the root to the chewing surface.
A Natural-looking Solution
Recent advancements in materials and placement techniques have made contemporary dental crowns more durable and natural-looking than ever. When fabricated from high-grade porcelain, crowns mimic the translucency of real enamel, making it virtually impossible to distinguish them from natural teeth.
A dental crown may be used to:
- Restore a broken, fractured, or decayed tooth
- Restore a tooth after a root canal procedure
- Replace a filling, crown, or other failing restoration
- Support a dental bridge
- Cover cosmetic imperfections such as deep stains
- Restore a dental implant to replace a lost tooth