Enjoy a Restored Smile with Treatment for Missing Teeth
A beautiful smile can instill confidence and pride, but when some teeth are missing, patients may feel self conscious about their appearance. Fortunately, at Ridgewood Dental Associates, we offer a range of restorative dentistry treatments to replace missing teeth, repair dental damage, and restore your confidence. To find out which treatment for missing teeth is right for you, schedule a consultation at our Ridgewood, NJ practice.
Surgical Treatment Options for Missing Teeth
Dental implants are a popular treatment for missing teeth because they provide the most natural look and feel of any treatment. Dental implant treatment requires minor oral surgery, providing superior results to other non-surgical treatments.
Dental implants are small, screw-like, titanium posts that are placed within the jawbone through a small incision made in the gum tissue. Once a dental implant is placed, the jawbone heals around the implant, a process called osseointegration. After the jaw and tissues have firmly healed around the implant, a dental restoration will be attached to restore dental function and appearance. Different types of dental restorations may be paired with dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth. Your restoration options include:
- Dental crowns: When paired with dental crowns, dental implants may be used to replace individual teeth. Those who are looking to restore one tooth often benefit most from dental crown restorations.
- Implant-supported bridges: When two or more adjacent teeth are missing, dental implants may be paired with implant-supported bridges. Implant-supported bridges consist of two or more artificial teeth. The bridge can be attached to one or two dental implants to hold the prosthetic in place.
- Implant-supported dentures: Dental implants may be paired with implant-supported dentures to replace a full arch of teeth with as little as four dental implants. Using a bar or stud attachment, implant-supported dentures firmly anchor within the mouth, providing a secure fit and natural feeling dental function.
Non-surgical Treatment Options for Restoring Missing Teeth
Some people who suffer from missing teeth may not be suitable candidates for dental implant surgery or would simply prefer not to undergo a surgical procedure to replace their missing teeth. Whatever the case, there are non-surgical treatment options for replacing missing teeth and restoring dental function, including:
- Traditional dental bridges: Like implant-supported bridges, traditional dental bridges consist of two dental crowns joined by one or more artificial teeth. Rather than attaching to dental implants, traditional bridges attach to the adjacent remaining teeth, effectively restoring lost teeth without the need for surgery.
- Traditional removable dentures: Traditional removable dentures are available for those who have lost a full arch, or both arches, of teeth. Traditional removable dentures are custom-made for a comfortable, snug fit, but may require denture adhesive to stay firmly in place.
Learn More about Your Treatment Options
To learn more about your treatment options for restoring missing teeth, or to discuss your other dental care needs, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with our team at Ridgewood Dental Associates. We look forward to hearing from you.